Monday, January 3, 2011

Time to be new again...


Well, the New Year has finally arrived and all things get to be new again- resolutions, relationships and good intentions. How long they will last, I am not sure. One thing I am sure of is, the effort it takes to start over. Fear keeps us trapped so tightly and the New Year is a way of breaking out and making a fresh path. I find it a time to reflect on who I am, what I do and to whom I really matter to. I don't really make resolutions but rather an agreement to try to be a better person, not only to others but to myself as well. I am my own worst enemy and this is the time of year where I put up a truce with myself in hopes I will go easier on me in the New Year. It doesn't always work because each year I seem to do it again, but the alternative to stay cemented in anger and ugliness is just not acceptable to me.

So, let's start again, and again and again if that is what it takes. I plan to make 2011 a really momentous year. How about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment